Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend in Augusta, GA

This past weekend Josh and I went to Augusta, GA for Lucas Weber and Megan Chalker's wedding.  Everything was so beautiful and we had the best time.  Josh got to see his buddies, which was fun because we don't get to see them often, and I got to eat some wedding cake, which we all know is my favorite!

Another great feature of the wedding weekend is that we got to watch USC finally beat an SEC team.  Sorry Rebels!  Hopefully this is the beginning of many more wins for the Gamecocks.

Below from left to right are Josh's friends Daniel, Schipp, & Jimmy.  

The wedding was at the Sacred Heart Cultural Center which used to be a church.  It was really neat because the wedding took place inside and then we had a cocktail hour in the garden area only to then re-enter the building and have the reception totally set up.  The inside was beautiful and just perfect.  I wish I had gotten some pictures of the alter with about 100 votive candles burning.
And finally Mr. & Mrs. Lucas Weber leave the wedding.  She looked beautiful and her dress was very pretty as well.  They are off to Europe and I am so jealous!

Needless to say that after all the fun times at the rehearsal dinner and wedding, we were exhausted.  My bed never felt so comfy as it did last night when I went to bed!

1 comment:

McQueens said...

Looks like a fun time. I love the picture at the top of your blog. You look so pretty and I love the top you're wearing. I think it's a top maybe a dress? Maybe the Cocks can pull out another W on the road against Kentucky