Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our 1st Anniversary

I can't believe it's already been a year! What a wonderful year it's been too. Josh and I love Atlanta and although we miss being closer to friends and family, we certainly love the adventure. We have learned things about each other that even 7 years of dating won't reveal. It's been a fabulous year and we look forward to many more.

So for your first anniversary present you are supposed to give each other paper. I think I am being good by getting Josh some nice stationary with his initials on it. I know that he is going to need them for notes after upcoming interviews once his fellowship starts winding down and thought I was being creative. Well apparently my creativity is not up to par with Josh's. I thought for sure he would give me a card or something and that would be his paper gift. Boy was I surprised when I opened up the card he gave me and then he reached in his pocket and pulled out 2 tickets to Cirque du Soleil. I couldn't believe it because I have always wanted to go and never know that he was really listening. I guess he does after all!

Cirque du Soleil was awesome! Better than I even expected. It's like a circus for adults. There were many times throughout the night that I was bent over hysterically laughing at the clowns too. The were great.

When we got home after dinner we ate some of our wedding cake that had been frozen for a year. Much to our surprise it was delicious. We ate is every night for about a week and finally had to throw the rest out. Everyone had told us horror stories of their cake making them sick. Mine didn't make me sick, but it might have added a couple pounds that I am currently running off!

4 comments:

McQueens said...

Happy Anniversary...Josh was very thoughtful with the tickets...

susannah said...

WOW--so glad you have updated your blog! Reading people's blogs (both those of people I know and don't know) is a good way to pass the wee hours of the morn at work away! Oh, and I know how sketchy I sound be admitting my obsession with blogs. I mean, I enjoy reality tv as well. Sue me!

jessica said...

I dont think our wedding cake was even edible. I am fine with that though because i dont really like cake. However I have heard that weddign cake martinis are the way to go! You either get them at Caraba's or the Olive Garden so I have heard....

Nikki said...

Just found your blog again... I've added you to my list so I'll be able to check back more often.

We couldn't even cut into our wedding cake the night of our first anniversary. So we'll never know if it would have made us sick or not!