Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Souper Yummy White Bean Chili

Monday night I got a wild hair, per Josh's request, to cook our favorite White Bean Chili recipe. I got this recipe last Christmas from my friend Emily at her "Around the House" White Elephant Christmas present swap. It was so delicious that I needed the recipe as soon as possible so that I could make it for Josh to enjoy as well. Since there has been the slightest chill in the air this year, it seemed like and appropriate time to ring in chili season!


Above are all the ingredients that go into the soup. Because this is not a food blog, I am not posting the recipe. Should you want it, please comment with your email and I will send it to you. After I finish cooking a meal, my brain shuts down and all measurements and ingredient lists fly out the window.
I do know that you must first saute the onion and garlic, which makes your house smell yummy. While this is cooking, you should be pulling the meat off your rotisserie chicken and shredding it to be used later. I prefer the lemon pepper chicken from the K-Roger, also known as the Kroger.


Next you are going to get your deep pot and pour the chicken broth, spices, one can of beans, green chilis, and the onion and garlic saute together and wait until it boils. Once it boils, dump the chicken in and let it come to a boil again. Turn it down and simmer for 20 minutes. Then add the second can of beans, you must strain and rinse all the beans first. Simmer for 10 more minutes and take deep breaths because the smell is oh so devine by now. While you are in the final 10 minute stretch, mix together 2 cups of light sour cream and 3/4 cup of light cream to be poured in at the last minute.

Once the dinger rings, pour in the cream and serve it up immediately.

Add some oyster crackers for that final touch and enjoy!








No comments: